- COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you conduct a transaction on our Website, as part of the process, we must collect your personal information, including but not limited to your name, address, and email address. Please see the following to know more about what personal information we collect from you and on what basis:
- Device information
- Examples of personal information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Website.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Website accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Website usage to optimize our Website.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Website using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor WooCommerce.
- Order information
- Examples of personal information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, PayPal information, bank account, and routing numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor WooCommerce and our shipping processor ShipStation.
- Customer support information
- Examples of personal information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, emails, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Only shared with our processor WooCommerce.
- Minors’ information
The Website is not intended for individuals under the age of 21 and we do not intentionally collect personal information from anyone under the age of 21. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from anyone under 21 years without verification of parental consent, we will promptly delete that information from our database. Additionally, if you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 years, please contact us at email@example.com.
- USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We will securely process your personal information and use it for administration and operation of the Terporium Website, including but not limited to the following purposes –
- To provide and improve the Website and to develop new products and services.
- To customize and personalize the advertising and other content we deliver on the Website and on other services offered by our publishing partners.
- To send you information that you requested or agreed to receive.
- To alert you to the latest developments and features on the Website and to notify you of administrative information, such as security or support and maintenance advisories.
- To invite you to participate in events or special promotions related to products we think you may like or in which you may be interested.
- To advertise and market to you, which includes sending promotional communications and advertisements.
- To allow our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- To enable third parties to carry out technical and logistical functions on our behalf.
- To notify you about any changes to our services.
Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us directly with a request that we cease using your personal information or by following the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided in any electronic communications you receive from us.
Any personal information that we process will be stored on a secure server behind a firewall. We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for the processing. Where you have registered and provided your consent to receive communications from us, then we will retain your personal information for this purpose until your consent is withdrawn.
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in certain situations as follows:
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including email delivery, hosting services, data analysis and marketing assistance.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Terporium Website. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- Third-Party Marketing Communications. With your informed consent (opt-in) we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
- Third-Party Business Partners. We may share information with our subsidiaries, successors, or related companies for the purposes described in our respective privacy policies, and to offer, provide, and improve services and products.
- By Law or to Protect Rights. If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We may also need to transfer some of your personal information in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
We do not sell any personal information under any circumstances whatsoever. We disclose only that personal information that is necessary for the third party to deliver their specific service and we take all reasonable measures to ensure they keep your information fully secure and not use it for any purpose other than the one under which it was disclosed. All third parties are carefully screened so we can ensure that there are adequate controls in place in accordance with applicable laws.
- INFORMATION STORAGE AND SECURITY
The personal information collected and processed by Terporium at our offices and data centres are held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the appropriate data protection laws as and where applicable. Terporium has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Whilst we strive to use all reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal information which might expose you to serious risk. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit and informed consent.
- INFORMATION RETENTION AND TRANSFER
Terporium may retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We will cease to retain your personal information, or remove the means by which the information can be associated with you, as soon as we receive a request from you in that regard, or when it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which it was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes. All third parties are carefully screened before transfer of any personal information, so we can ensure that there are adequate controls in place and, where relevant, that such third parties are fully compliant with the applicable laws. In case any of any international transfer of personal information, Terporium takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the applicable data protection laws.
- BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- You can opt out of targeted advertising some other popular platforms by:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
- For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
- Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
- AUTOMATIC DECISION-MAKING
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you. We DO NOT engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor WooCommerce uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you. Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with deny listed IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
- COOKIES POLICY
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Website. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the Website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the Website, for instance, whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our Website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioral Advertising” section above.
- DO NOT TRACK REQUESTS
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
- YOUR RIGHTS
Under certain laws including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you possess a number of rights in relation to your personal information. These rights include:
- Request access. You may request more information about the personal information we hold about you and request a copy of such personal
- Request correction of your personal information. You may request any inaccurate or incomplete information we hold about you to be corrected or
- Request deletion. You may ask us to delete some or all of your personal information from our Services when there is no good reason for us to continue processing
- Withdraw your Where we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Object to processing of your personal information. You may contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your personal information for certain
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. You may ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about
- Request the transfer of your personal information (right to data portability). You have the right to ask us to transfer the information you have provided us with from one organization to another, or give it to
- Complain to Supervisory Authority. According to Article 51 of GDPR, you also have the right to complain to a Supervisory Authority where you feel that our processing of your personal information has infringed your rights. The details of the Supervisory Authorities in the EU Member States may be found here https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en.
We are committed to upholding these rights at all times. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please send us a request that (a) provides sufficient detail to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected personal information, and (b) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it as soon as possible. Please note we cannot respond to requests that do not adequately meet the above criteria.
Our users residing in California are provided certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). If you are a California resident, under certain circumstances and in accordance with the applicable law, you have the following rights regarding how we processes your personal information:
- The Right to Know. You have the right to request any or all of the following information relating to the personal information we have collected about you or disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity:
- the categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information;
- the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about
- The Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of personal information that we have collected about you, subject to certain
- The Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales. You have the right to direct us not to sell personal information we have collected about you to third parties now or in the In any case, we do not sell personal information of our users.
- The Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described above.
To exercise any of the above rights please submit a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need to verify your identity in such circumstances and may request more information or clarifications from you.
- CONTACT US
As per the applicable laws, Terporium has a “Data Protection Officer” (DPO) who is responsible for all matters relating to privacy and data protection and they can be reached at –
Attn: Terporium Data Protection Officer
Address: 444 Airport Blvd. STE 117 Watsonville, CA 95076
Tel: (831) 200-3549
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
PO Box #305
Aptos, CA 95001